I. OBJECTIVE The aim of this juried biennial exhibition is to promote the art of printmaking and to foster international cultural exchange with the participation of talented artists around the world. Through the competition and exhibition, this event will serve as a key platform for artistic exchange and cultural collaboration, and help contribute to the diversity and vitality of print and print-related art.
Supervisor: Ministry of Culture, Republic of China (Taiwan)
Organizer: National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts
II. RULES FOR SUBMISSION
1. All entries must be original prints on paper. The work must be completed in or after 2011, wholly original and not have been entered the previous International Biennial Print Exhibit ROC competitions.
2. All works submitted must be in line with the generalized definition of print i.e. original pieces of artwork which meet the “indirect” and “multiple” characteristics of print. All printmaking techniques, including monotypes and digital prints, are accepted.
3. Submitted works, including composite works, should not exceed 150cm in length and must be 40cm or more in width. Depth must be no more than 20cm.
4. Each entrant is allowed to submit one piece of work only. Co-authored works will not be accepted.
5. All entries must be authenticated by the entrant (i.e. signed and dated) in an appropriate place. Artwork must NOT be framed.
Gold Prize (1)
Award and prize money of NTD 400,000
Silver Prize (1)
Award and prize money of NTD 200,000
Bronze Prize (1)
Award and prize money of NTD 100,000
Special Jury Prize (2)
Certificate and prize money of NTD 80,000 (each)
Merit Prize (5)
Certificate and prize money of NTD 50,000 (each)
Honorable Mention (5)
Certificate and prize money of NTD 30,000 (each)
1. Winners of the Merit Prize, Special Jury Prize and the top three prizes will each be sponsored for transportation (a round trip flight ticket on economy class, most direct way for international artists), accommodation and meals (five days) during the period of the award presentation and opening ceremony. Winners who are ROC nationals will also be invited to give public lectures and to participate in various round-table discussions or illustration activities organized by the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts.
2. Each of the selected artists, including the prize winners, will receive a Prize/Selection Certificate and a copy of the International Biennial Print Exhibit: 2014 ROC exhibition catalogue.
3. The prize money will be subject to legally-established tax deductions of 10 percent for ROC nationals and 20 percent for non-nationals.
IV. APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION OF WORKS
1. Online application: All applications must be completed online this year, between 5th February and 5th March 2014. Entrants must submit their application within this period of time at the International Biennial Print Exhibit ROC website at http://printbiennial.ntmofa.gov.tw/ or http://220.127.116.11 (the website is scheduled to open by December 2013) and print the labels as required.
2. Submission: Upon completing the online application, please attach the labels in either Chinese or English to the original work and submit it by post. The date of submission should conform to that of application. To be accepted as a valid submission, the envelope's post mark should be no later than 5th March 2014. It should also be noted that submissions which arrive later than 1st Aril 2014 will not be accepted. Due to administration reasons, personal deliveries are not accepted. For more submission details, please visit http://printbiennial.ntmofa.gov.tw/or http://18.104.22.168 (the website is scheduled to open by December 2013).
3. All entrants must sign the licensing agreement and the deposition form (they may be downloaded in the attachment section) and post them along with the original work to the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts.
4. Notes for online application: Please follow the given directions on the webpage to fill out application and upload an image revealing the full of the original work. The image must be in JPG file format and no larger than 2MB. When the upload is completed, a confirmation email will be sent to the entrant’s email account. If the letter is not found in the inbox, please check if it has been classified as a spam and mark it as “not spam.” All errors may be undone online while application is still open. Application cancelation is also possible during this period of time.
5. Incomplete application materials, applications failing to go through the entire procedures, late applications, or ineligible applications, are not accepted. In case of technical problems of the online application system, please contact the museum staff responsible for this event.
6. The submitted work must NOT be framed. Submitted work should be sent either in a thick cardboard poster tube or cardboard wrap to make sure it arrives safe.
7. All entrants should send their original work by post only. The entrant is responsible for the cost of postage, insurance and taxes.
V. ADDRESSES FOR SUBMISSION
Please send your work, along with the complete and signed deposition and agreement, to the following address:
Office for the International Biennial Print Exhibit: 2014 ROC
National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts
No. 2, Sec. 1, Wu-Chuan W. Rd., Taichung 40359
Taiwan, R. O. C.
Tel: (+) 886 4 2372 3552 ext. 302 or 319
Fax: (+) 886 4 2375 4730