Personal Data Protection, Copyright, and Information Security Statement
Welcome to the website of the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts (https://www.ntmofa.gov.tw) (hereinafter referred to as the Site). In order to provide a more secure way to use the services provided on the museum’s Site, the following copyright statement is hereby provided:
- •All content published on the Site, including written descriptions, photographs, images, audio recordings, video footage, and other information, are all protected under the Copyright Act, with the exception of items listed in the Copyright Act which shall not be the subject matter of copyright (including acts, regulations, or official documents which include proclamations, text of speeches, news releases, and other documents prepared by civil servants in the course of carrying out their duties; please refer to Article 9 of the Copyright Act).
- • Items mentioned above which shall not be the subject matter of copyright are available for anyone to use freely and could be distributed by anyone.
- • With the exception of fair use, agreement or authorization from the copyright owner(s) should be obtained in order to use the information and content on the Site that are protected by the Copyright Act.
- • The aforementioned “fair use” is explained below:
- • Information published on the Site which is within the scope of fair use includes: News releases made public by the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts (including news headlines, texts and images), exhibitions (including news headlines and texts), event information (including news headlines and texts); in other words, information authored by the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts.
- • Within a reasonable scope, where for nonprofit use by an individual or a family, the aforementioned information may be reproduced, publicly broadcasted or distributed; the source of the information must be indicated.
- • Within a reasonable scope, information that has been publicly released on the Site may be quoted where necessary for reports, comment, teaching, research, or other legitimate purposes; the source of the information must be indicated.
- • Please refer to Articles 44 to 65 on the Copyright Act for details on other fair use conditions.
The electronic rights management information indicated on the Site shall not be removed or altered without permission, provided, this shall not apply in any of the circumstances listed under Article 80-1 of the Copyright Act, or where the removal or alteration is technically necessary to conversion of a recording or transmission system.
Applicability of the Information Security Policy:
The following information security policy is applicable towards the collecting, application, and protection of personal data when you are using the Site; however, this policy does not apply to other websites that can be accessed via hyperlinks on the Site. As the other websites are governed by their own specific privacy policies, the Site will not bear any liability for your security while you browse those websites.
Personal Data Collection and Application:
- • The Site will not collect the personal data of the users browsing or downloading files from the Site.
- • The Site may request that you provide personal data when using certain services provided on the Site. Depending on the information required for each specific case, the Site may ask you to provide your up-to-date and accurate information, including your name, identification number, telephone number, e-mail, and postal address.
- • When you send your comments or inquiries via e-mail or to the museum’s service mailbox, we will store your communication data only for correspondence purposes.
- • The Site’s server will record your IP address, access time, and content browsed on the Site. The data recorded is used internally by the Site’s management department for quantitative analyses of traffic volume and user behavior, which are needed to improve the overall quality of the Site. The analyses conducted are only on the behaviors of all users as a whole and not on any individual users.
- • The National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts is obligated to protect the privacy of each applicant, and will not modify or delete any personal data and files without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- • When provision(s) of this Site has/have been violated, such as the use of words on the Site’s forums that are insulting or abusive towards others.
- • To protect or defend the rights or ownership of the individuals concerned.
- • To protect the rights and interests of the units/departments that are related to the Site.
The National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts will under no circumstances sell, trade, or lease out any of your personal data to organizations, individuals or private enterprises, with the following exceptions:
- • As required for a lawful investigation conducted by a judicial authority;
- • As required for an investigation or use by an authorized organization in the execution of its duties;
- • Based on a good-faith belief that disclosure is required by law, or for management use in the maintenance or upgrade of the Site’s services.
Information Security and Protection:
The servers hosting the Site are equipped with a “firewall” to prevent information from being illegally accessed, damaged, or stolen. The information stored by the Site is well protected to ensure the security of its users’ personal data.
Security Measures for Your Personal Data:
Please properly store your personal data and do not release the information to any other persons in order to protect your rights. May we remind you that any personal information that you voluntarily put on the Internet (such as on discussions boards, message boards, and chatrooms, etc.) may be collected and used by others. You may then receive unsolicited e-mails from such persons.
Inquiries on the Copyright Protection Policy
Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions regarding the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts’ Copyright Protection Statement.